As we grow older, our skin begins to lose its laxity, which can cause creases and lines to form on our face. Injectables, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, are designed to rejuvenate facial skin without undergoing surgery. With no recovery or downtime required after your treatment, you can achieve smoother, youthful skin without incision scars. Problems addressed by injectables include:
- Deep creases and folds
- Deep lines on the forehead
- Fine lines
- Recessed scars
- Reduced fullness or lost volume in the face
- Shallow contours
- Thin lips
Benefits of Injectables
The benefits of injectables include no downtime after treatment, minimal pain associated with injections, a quick application (typically less than 30 minutes), and refreshed, tighter facial skin. Results can last between three months and two years, depending on which injectable is used. The skin can be treated with ice or a topical anesthetic cream to reduce any discomfort during administration. Various injectables can be combined to address multiple concerns in one combined treatment.
Additional Injectable Options
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most popular injectable treatment to address concerns with aging on the face, but lesser known injectables can be equally as beneficial to correct facial concerns. Some additional injectables include:
- KYBELLA®, which treats chin fat (also known as a double chin) by destroying and absorbing fat with deoxycholic acid.
- Neurotoxins relax muscles by blocking nerve responses, which are used in BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, and XEOMIN®. Each product contains the element botulinum toxin in varying quantities. Additionally, BOTOX® can treat migraine headaches, excessive underarm sweating, and overactive bladder. Other concerns addressed by these injectables include frown lines between the eyebrows, wrinkles and creases across the bridge of the nose, forehead lines, aging around the outside corners of the eyes, and lines on the throat and chest.
- Dermal fillers plump the skin and contain various amounts of lidocaine to reduce discomfort during administration. Fillers include Artefill®, BELOTERO BALANCE®, JUVÉDERM® XC, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler, Restylane®, and Sculptra® Aesthetic. Fillers can add volume to the lips, enhance natural facial features, brighten the eyes by reducing shadowing, lighten scars, and other additional benefits.
The Non-surgical Approach
Minimally invasive treatments to combat aging are becoming more popular due to the techniques involved in achieving subtle changes in facial appearance. If your schedule is hectic, injectables may be an excellent option to achieve your desired results without undergoing surgery or experiencing an uncomfortable recovery process.
Dr. Tuan Tran and his team are devoted to providing the most comfortable atmosphere to share their expertise and care. Call our office at 714-839-8000 to schedule a consultation today or to learn more about injectables!